This post is no longer up to date. Please use the following pages :
- a description of the distribution center and of how it works
- a program to automatically download the data without any click
Until the shopping basket feature in the LANDSAT 8 data server at THEIA is ready, here is a short user manual on how to automatically download large numbers of LANDSAT tiles.
- Download the DownThemAll plugin for Firefox.
- Log in http://theia.cnes.fr/
- Enter your request, for instance "LANDSAT8 july 2013"
- Add "&maxRecords=500", at the end of the URL : http://spirit.cnes.fr/resto/Landsat/?format=html&lang=en&q=LANDSAT8+july+2013&maxRecords=500, to raise the maximum number of image per page to 500
- Click right on "DownThemAll". Enter your download directory in "Save files in", and in "quick filtering", add *download. Select "discard other filters", Add "*name*.tgz" in the renaming mask, then click on start.
- All the files are downloaded.