SPOT4(Take5) experiment started two weeks ago, here is a progress report :
- Image acquisitions are progressing nominally, but the weather above France is very poor. Other sites are much better off.
- Production of Level 1A images started at SpotImage. It is done once a week, on Thursdays. Accounting for the delay before image download, up to 2 weeks may happen between an image acquisition and level 1A product delivery.
- First ortho-images have been generated, and the fusion of 4 SPOT4 images works fine and almost seamlessly.
- As soon as we get our first time series above a given site, we will start testing and tuning the Level 2A methods (Cloud detection, atmospheric corrections)
- The MUSCATE processing centre of the French Land Thematic Centre started its adaptation to SPOT4. Modifications will take a few weeks, and after that we will be able to start operational production.